Dear January...


Dear January 2018,



You were a month full of new. New beings. New resolutions. A new year.
You were a month of celebrations. My mom had a birthday, and I'm so thankful for her. I finally hit my eighteenth year which I actually was more ready for than I thought.
We celebrated with friends, people who mean the most to me, with Japanese, coffee, book shopping, and a trip to the mountains. 
You were full of fun, laughter, and experiences I will hold close. Some friends and I gave blood for the first time, which I will totally do again! My school held a benefit concert and raised at least $7,000! We visited Biltmore House and some pretty cool waterfalls. There were snow and a photo shoot and good conversations.

January, you were a month in which God showed up for me. I learned that in the roar of life I can have peace. I read the entire book of Proverbs using this awesome Bible plan! I read some pretty awesome books and saw movies that will stick with me.

You've been a month of freedom and worship to the King. Of learning to trust Him when my feelings say otherwise. Of surrendering everything every day for something better.
You were not a perfect month. But you were a good month. And that is sooo much better.


( Hey guys! This is a new little series of posts I'll be doing at the end of every month, kind of a note sent to each one. Tell me your favorite parts of January! Thank you so much for reading along!
Until next post - Brittney N. Crook )

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a fun, busy month. Hard to believe it's gone. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning from Leah

18 Lessons From 18 Years

A Word for You, 2018.