600 mi, Pink Blankets, and Change


So...... it's been a while.

A lot has happened. 

I moved 600 miles away from my hometown. 600 miles now lie between my family and me. The house I've lived in all my life, the church I've gone to ever since I was old enough to remember, the school where I started kindergarten and graduated high school: my life up to this point lived 600 miles away. 

It is such a strange feeling: knowing you are right where God wants you, yet not knowing so many things. How do I do this? Can I really finish every assignment and get enough sleep? What even are people skills? Were those 7:30 classes a good idea? How much coffee is too much coffee (asking for a "friend")? 

 My whole way of life has shifted. I went from not having any sisters to living in a dorm with forty other girls. Used to the same classes would happen every day; now they're split up. Home cooking was a thing; now cafeteria food is my jam. I have responsibility for my room, my car, my assignments.....my life to a point.

I am so glad that mistakes don't have to mean failures; they can mean lessons and growth. Don't put a never washed, pink-striped blanket in with other things. It will dye them. Ask around, and you may find a better mechanic to work on your car. Don't be afraid to ask questions or talk to people (even when it's hard). Ask people older than you for advice; they have been where you are. Pray (pray, pray, pray, pray). God answers in big ways, small ways, in between ways. Unknown ways. He knows exactly where you are, what you need, and when you need it. He knows your heart, your dreams, and your struggles. And He is with you every step of the way.

So...it has been awhile. Things have/are continuing to change. I knew this next year would be one of the hardest, most challenging of my life. But I also know; it is gonna be a good one. 

Until next post! (Hopefully, it won't be three months from now ☺) - Brittney N. Crook




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning from Leah

18 Lessons From 18 Years

On Being a Part of Something Bigger than Me